Monday, May 4, 2020

May The Fourth Be With You - Ranking All The Live-Action Star Wars Movies


Today being Star Wars day, I figured a nice way to celebrate it would be to rank all live-action Star Wars movies. That means the whole Skywalker Saga plus Solo and Rogue One but ignoring the Clone Wars movie simply because I haven’t watched it and based on what I’ve heard about it, I have no interest in watching it. Now just a disclaimer, while I have watched all the films on this list and have enjoyed them all at least mildly, I would not consider myself a true Star Wars fan. I did not really grow up with Star Wars the way many have, and I don’t have quite the same amount of nostalgia for them as many do. I still appreciate it as a franchise and look forward to new entries but this list will not be or attempt to be a representation of the fandom’s general opinion of any kind. I don’t necessarily care as much about quote-on-quote “child-hood ruining” ideas such as those in The Phantom Menace or The Last Jedi, so midichlorians will not be counted against any movie. I’m simply judging the movies based on my personal enjoyment of it based on it’s own merits and not really how it fits into the bigger picture. Sorry if this introduction was rather long-winded, but what with the current environment of the Star Wars fandom, I decided it was better to play it safe. But, without further ado, let’s begin.

11) Attack of the Clones



10) The Phantom Menace



9) Revenge of the Sith



8) The Rise of Skywalker



7) The Last Jedi



6) A New Hope / Star Wars



5) The Return of the Jedi



4) Rogue One



3) Solo



2) The Force Awakens



1) The Empire Strikes Back



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Great Episode 1 Review - Lives Up To Its Name

The Great is a new Hulu original about the rise of one of Russia’s more famous rulers, Catherine the Great. And before the concept of watchi...